In 1907 Mother Ursula Ledochowska the foundress of the Congregation of the Ursuline Sisters of the Agonizing Heart of Jesus as a member of the Ursuline Order in Poland was sent by Pius X as a missionary to Russia. Expelled from there during the revolution, she extended her missionary activities to Scandinavia, while community continued her work in Russia. After the First World War she returned with her sisters to Poland and established in 1920 The Congregation of The Ursuline Sisters of the Agonizing Heart of Jesus
At the present time these Ursuline Sisters work in Poland, Italy, France, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Finland, Germany, Tanzania, Belarus, and Ukraine. On June 20, 1983 John Paul II proclaimed Mother Ursula Ledochowska as Blessed.
Ursulines Of The Agonizing Heart Of Jesus
55 Adelaide Street North
London, Ontario N6B 3G5
Tel. (519) 439-1443